October 25, 2012

Review: Idol Hands by Cynthia Hill



Title: Idol Hands

Author: Cynthia Hill

Source: ebook from author for review

Goodreads



goodreads...
Tara can pinpoint the moment when everything in her life changed: it was when she fell in love with Aidan Forrest - who just happened to be a part of the biggest boy band in the world, Idol Hands. She spent two years as his "secret girlfriend," hiding from the media to protect his career, until he broke up with her, breaking her heart, and leaving behind a secret that Tara has never shared. Fourteen years after their breakup, she's in a bad marriage, and a dead-end job. When she sees a television documentary in which Aidan confesses that he still loves her, she makes a life-changing decision: she leaves her husband to go and find Aidan. With no real plan of attack it's not going to be easy, but Tara knows that she can't give up.

My take...
I wasn't sure how I would feel reading a book in diary format. But you know what? I kinda liked it. I found myself unable to put the book down; it kept demanding me to read 'just one more chapter'. And I ended up giving in to its demands. I was intrigued with Tara's story. I had to know what broke this couple apart and would they find their way back to each other.

But God bless Tara's heart...poor girl could not catch a break. From her rocky marriage (her husband told her he wasn't sure if he loved her or his new $3000 tv more) to her seemed-to-be-doomed-from-the-get-go road trip in search of her first love. Yeah as that saying goes 'What can go wrong...will go wrong!"

Like I said earlier, this book demanded my attention. It sucked me in. I loved that the main character was a thirty something woman making it easier for me to relate to. Not that my 13 years of marriage is bad by any means, cause it’s not, just that we are around the same age. I was able to remember my childhood crushes on (dare I say) New Kids on the Block. I remember day dreaming of them and wondering what it would be like to date one of them, especially Donnie. (Hangs head in embarrassment).

So all in all I really enjoyed this book. It's a quick read that I found hard to put down and very enjoyable. Some parts got a little raw for my tastes...but when desperate times called for desperate measures...what are you gonna do? But I am glad I hung in there. That ending was so messed up…in a very good way of course. I had no idea that is where the author was leading us to and I was completely shocked. Thank you Hill for allowing me to read your work and I hope to work with you again in the future. 


No comments:

Post a Comment