December 26, 2012

Mini Review: ALTERED SOULS by Karice Bolton



Title: Altered Souls

Author: Karice Bolton

Source: ebook from author for review


goodreads...
The realm of Altered Souls brings nothing but unrest, deceit, and pain forcing Triss to come face to face with heartbreak from her past.

Facing a betrayal like never before, Triss questions everything she thought she knew about her family, coven, and abilities.

With the help of Logan, she embarks on a journey enabling her to confront the dark side of magic and the person who controls it. Realizing Triss’s ancestors have been seduced for centuries by the dark side, Triss and Logan must ensure no more in their world fall victim to the realm of Altered Souls, even if that means ending the ones they love.

My mini take...
First of all I want to give a huge kudos to Bolton for NOT making this book centered on a love triangle. I got pretty nervous when it looked like it was heading that way. I cannot handle anyone getting in between my Logan and Triss.

And let me tell you something…characters made this book amazing. Triss really grew into her character and is becoming one determined young lady. But there are times she gets a little too caught up in her problems and starts making rash decisions (and spells)...if she is not careful, those decisions could cost her dearly. Logan, how could you not love him? I mean, dude is a fine magical specimen. Literally. And this might sound a little crazy…ok a lot of crazy…but I am kind of  liking Triss’ dad in the story. He is one of those characters you cannot nail down. You don’t know if he is really mean or just playing the part. So to me, I enjoyed the scenes he is in.

And whoa to that ending. Yeah, I felt like I was at a football game rootin on Triss and Logan. (RAH RAH REE…Zap him in the knee!) Sitting on the edge of my seat desperately reading to see what would happen next. And whoa whoa whoa…it was frickin awesome. That ending had me giddy and scared all at once. I so cannot wait until the next book, Released Souls, because there is no telling what Bolton has up her sleeves for that one.

Anyone that enjoys a great read about magic, romance, and all that jazz definitely needs to pick this book (and series) up. I am addicted to the whole series...and practically anything Bolton writes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment